Beginner Running Group
We started a Beginner Running Group to teach people who had never run before how to take up the hobby. We started with our current group in March 2017, and we’re still going strong.
We’re now taking expressions of interest for a second running group, to commence when we have sufficient numbers!
|Mondays||10:00am – 10:45am||Drop-In: €15||6 Weeks: €60|
|Mondays||9:15am – 10:00am||Drop-In: €15||6 Weeks: €60|
We run a different route around Marlay Park each week. We meet at the Marlay Park South Gate, beside playground (directions).
What standard is this group?
- The Advanced Group are currently running 3-5 minutes at a time, with 4-6 intervals in each session. We take a walking break between each interval of between 90 and 180 seconds.
- The Beginner Group is a 6 week programme designed for people who have NEVER RUN BEFORE. We’ll be starting with 30 seconds of very slow jogging and increasing steadily each week.
Why should you join?
- You’re interested in trying some jogging/running to see if you like it.
- You want to jog/run with a social group of local people.
- You want to improve your fitness, general health and energy levels.
Benefits of our group?
- All sessions led by Sean Flynn, Chartered Physiotherapist, a qualified and experienced health care professional.
- Sean has been running competitively and leisurely for nearly 20 years, so you’re in good hands!
- All sessions take place in Marlay Park, a beautifully scenic place to run.
How do I register?
- Send your full name, phone number, postal address and email address to email@example.com.
- Fill out the brief health questionnaire, or download it here, fill it out & email it.
- Our physiotherapist will call you back to confirm your details and answer any questions you have.
- Phone: 0861546175
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org